Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I put away childish things...Days 4, 5, and 7

Dear family,

Day 4
I'm doing okay. You were right, this isn't easy...it's kind of hard for me, but that is alright because I CAN DO HARD THINGS! You are always there for me and I love you for that. How is everyone doing? Here is a scripture for you that I found during personal study. I found that I can tie this into my own life and it will help me through my mission: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --1 Corinthians 13:11.  I have pondered this scripture for a while. I just think this scripture is great for me because I was a child and I did childish things before this mission. When I got my mission call, I put my inner child away and became a man. I want to tell you that I know this is absolutely the only true church in these latter days. I know God performs miracles every day. I am indeed a walking miracle, and every day I thank Heavenly Father for helping me. I'm doing my best and always will. 

Day 5
Well I made it to Sunday! It was hard because it was fast Sunday and everywhere we went we could smell food. It was torturous. As you know, it is very hard for me to open up...truly open up to people anymore because of how I have been treated in the past. Well, because of my learning disabilities, I am taking an extra class here in the MTC to help me get all the information and learning I can while I am here. This class has really helped me...anyway, my district knows about this extra class and, once again, because of my disabilities (learning slower than others and needing extra time to learn what we are learning) I am being made fun of. This is hard because this is the way it has been all my life and I thought it would be different here...I am not having fun anymore. 
I did have a very touching experience as I was looking at a picture of the Savior. As I looked at the picture, the Spirit testified to me something that made me feel amazing. The Spirit testified that my Savior is always there for me no matter what. I testify to you that God is real and he loves every one of us, and through him and of him we can all be free. Jesus Christ really did atone for our sins and he is there to help us when we get down. All we need to do is pray...get on our knees and plead and pour out our whole heart and soul to him and he will hear and answer our prayers. He will. I promise he will pick you up and walk with you. You just have to be willing to open up and let him in.

Day 7
Well it is August 6, 2013 - day 7 of the MTC. It is P-day and I am bored out of my mind. I go to the travel office on Monday the 12th of August. Our flight leaves at 8:25 pm. I don't know the exact time I will be calling but it should be some time around 7 pm. I told Ashley to come over so I hope she will. Please do something fun while she is there so she doesn't feel awkward while waiting. I emailed Delci today and told her how I feel and what I am going through right now. I tried sending all my pictures in one email but it won't let me so I had to send them in separate emails. There are four of them. How is everything going?  How is my best friend Dad doing? Tell Dad he doesn't have to worry about me, I am doing fantastic! How are you Mom? A lot has happened since I wrote last. I taught my very first investigator and I felt the powerful hand of the Savior helping me and making me feel calm. It was awesome to know that the Savior is always there to help me on the path back to our Heavenly Father. I am getting along better with my district. I told them about my premature birth and the Cerebral Palsy which causes my learning disabilities. I told them how I couldn't walk or talk, and the miracles in my life that have brought me to this point...a happy healthy missionary, who can walk and talk normally.  When they heard my story they said that I am a walking miracle. I feel more like I can open up to them better without worrying about them making fun of me. I am really looking forward to teaching real people about the Gospel.

I love and miss all of you!

Your missionary,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment