Translate

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 1, 2, & 3...I am doing fantastic!

Dear family,
Day 1
On Wednesday, July 31st, we had a great meeting with three investigators. It was really spiritual and I felt the spirit stronger than I have ever felt it before. Even more than when I was in the mountains preparing for my farewell talk.
I have felt myself grow stronger in the Gospel and I am having a better understanding about the Gospel.
The Provo MTC
I love all of you --Sam, Luke, AJ, Emma, Grandma Donna, Mom, and one of my best friends, Dad. I didn't say this in my farewell talk, but dad, I would not be out here on a mission right now if it wasn't for you guiding me in the right path, and letting me make the decision to come on my own. You have played a very important role, maybe even the most important role in my life. I don't know what I would do without you. You are one of my best friends, if not my very best friend. I want you to know Mom, I am grateful you had that experience on your mission, and truly, I don't know what I would do without you in my life either. I love you Mom and Dad.
I am doing fantastic!!!

Day 2
I had a very good day. We had a lot of personal and companionship study...Oh, I forgot to tell you about my companion. His name is Elder Hurst. He is going to Adelaide Australia. The other elders in my district are either going to Melbourne with me, or Fresno California. There are 10 of us in all (he doesn't mention any sisters in his district so there must not be any). I am very happy here. I am praying for our family every day. I hope everything is good at home. I love you!

Day 3
Well, I made it this far...hahaha. We had so many discussions today that my brain hurts. I haven't been able to sleep for the last two nights because I have been pondering about the days.
I read John 3:16-17, which says, "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." Those two verses meant so much to me...also Alma 7:15-16, which says, "15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.
 16 And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will remember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me." In my personal and companionship study I have been learning more than ever, and I feel close to the Savior. It's hard of course, but I can do hard things.
You are a huge influence in my life.

Love,
Elder Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment